Mobile apps became part of our daily life and we can’t imagine our life without at least mobile phone. But there are many different types of devices and platforms so that sometimes it can become very confusing while downloading a new mobile app. In this article, we are going to explain in detail how you can purchase our applications Baby Monitor 3G and Dog Monitor for different devices and platforms and how to share the app with other family members, but this will work with most of the apps in AppStore or Google Play Store.
Platforms and Devices
First, it is necessary to explain what kind of platforms and devices exist. The most popular mobile operating systems are Android, iOS and Windows 10 Mobile and for desktop/laptop it is Windows 10 and OS X.
If you are going to use our apps on Android devices (phones, tablets, Android TV, smart watch) you can buy the app on Google Play. In case of iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch) go to iTunes and for OS X devices such as Mac and MacBook go to Mac App Store. Unfortunately, our applications are not available for Windows yet.
Both of our apps require two devices so you are probably wondering if you have to buy the license twice or not. It definitely doesn’t have to be purchased twice in case of devices running on the same market platform but for using two different platforms it is necessary to purchase licence for each of them. Unfortunately, there are no such tools that would allow us to transfer licenses for paid apps between iTunes, Mac App Store and Google Play, but once you purchase the app, you can install it to all your current and even future devices associated with your account on that platform.
Would you like to share the app you bought with your husband/wife or kids? You can use the Family Sharing possibility. It works on both Android and Apple devices.
In case of Android platform, this function is a little bit limited. It works only in selected countries such as Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, the U.K., and the U.S. With your Google Account you can create a family group, become a manager of that group and invite up to 5 members.
- Sign up for Family Library
- Open the Play Store app.
- In the top left, tap Menu > Account > Family > Sign up for Family Library.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to set up your Family Library.
- You can find more information on the Google website.
iOS and OS X platforms
With Apple ID up to 6 people can use the Family Sharing function and share their music, movies, TV shows, books, apps and it works in all countries.
iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > iCloud > Family, then tap your name.
- Under Family Purchases, review your account information.
- If you need to confirm the Apple ID that you want to share content from, enter your password. If you prefer to share purchases from a different account, you can enter a different Apple ID and password.
- Make sure that Share my purchases is on.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.
- Click Manage Family.
- Click your name and review your account information next to Family Purchases.
- Make sure that Share my purchases is selected.
- You can find more information on the Apple website.
In case the Family Sharing is not working there is one option more. You can temporarily set your Google / Apple account on the family member device, download the app and set back the original account. The downside of this solution is, that you have enter the password the account that purchased the app whenever app updates.
On the Android platform you can use more Google accounts permanently, but be carefull with this – the device will have access not only to the app, but also to your contacts, emails etc.